Friday, August 24, 2012

PCA vs. USA

Hi Gang,

I know, I know, I have been absent for a very long time. I have no excuse except to say that life has been wonderful and busy. I plan on picking this back up and posting more regularly as I love to get feedback from you all.

Next week I will be working on some more substantial thoughts and questions for us to ponder, but today I would like to ask a question of the "virtual universe" and get some feedback. It's a little outside the normal scope and feel of the past postings but something that I have wondered about.

I have been drawn to the Presbyterian faith, even though I was baptised as a child as a Lutheran. I credit the Lord with leading me along that path and he has placed me within a church family that I have totally fallen in love with, First Presbyterian Church of Stanley. They welcomed me with open arms from DAY 1 and I am so grateful for their guidance, faith and knowledge. Pastor Dan and Pastor Scott provide sermons that are thought provoking, faith confirming, intelligent and interesting. My Sunday school class, New Eve, has provided some of the most uplifting hours of my weekends. I have made invaluable friends, mentors and role models during my short time with the church. During that time, I have learned that there is a difference within the church governments (?) that is a bit confusing to me.

So here is my question, "What is the difference between P.C.A. and U.S.A.?" Thoughts?

1 comment:

  1. Sam that is a toughie.. I am only familiar with the PCA church doctrine but it is my understanding that PCUSA has a more "liberal" doctrine. Discussions such as "allowing homosexuals to be communing members" of the church have been voted upon through the PCUSA. Someone feel free to correct me of I'm wrong. Pastor Dan would probably be able to provide you with the specifics in where the doctrines differ.

    ReplyDelete