Sunday, September 16, 2012

Do Not Judge!

Many times during our Sunday service I like to reflect on that morning's message and ponder how it pertains to my life and the decisions I make.

This Sunday, Pastor Scott's sermon was titled "Relationships: Person to Person" and the main message was "Do Not Judge".

You can hear the entire sermon online along with additional past sermons at the following link:
http://www.fpcstanley.org/sermons

After the sermon, I felt compelled to take a few moments and write down a couple of thoughts I had in response to Pastor Scott's message. I apologize if I piggy back on part of his message, but I felt a bit of an impact after hearing it.

In the past few months, I realized how grateful I was for the leading I have felt from both His word and the involvement in the church family. I have definitely seen a change in my response to other's actions and have become more patient and more likely to let things roll off my back that may have gotten me worked up in the past.

I took away from today's sermon the following message:

Recognize the sin you see in others is the same as in yourself, and possibly even on a GREATER scale. Ask others to help point out your own sin. Don't judge but offer grace. As per Pastor Scott - "Soften your heart to God and to others."

If you attended the sermon this morning or listened to it online I would like to pose the following to you - How do YOU judge others? How do you learn to recognize sin in yourself first and how do you help others recognize it in themselves without judgement?

As always, I welcome all comments, questions and discussions; whether you heard the sermon or not. :)

"Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you." - Matthew 7:1-2



No comments:

Post a Comment