Thursday, January 12, 2012

Welcome!

One of my goals for the New Year is to grow and discover a deeper understanding in my relationship with the Lord by reading the Bible on a more regular basis. I am starting this blog to encourage questions and discussion amongst both my Christian and non-believer friends. If you have a question, there is an excellent chance someone else does as well.

I would like to use this forum as a way to get to know my fellow believers and selfishly, as a way to pose the many questions that I always seem to come to me when I read the Good Book. My friends have been kind enough to sit down with me for hours on end to discuss items that have boggled my mind.  So now I relieve them of my endless inquiries (for now at least) and pose them to a wider audience.

I welcome all comments and questions, no matter how elementary you think they may be. I am sure I will be asking questions that many will think are quite simple, but as I am a newcomer in my walk with God, I am learning something new every day.

I do ask the following; no derogatory comments against anyone for their beliefs or opinions. If I deem anyone as posting something in that manner I will delete your post and block you from further discussions.

I would like everyone to feel safe and encouraged in their comments and questions. God has made us so we question and learn and grow. If you have any prayer requests or praises, please feel free to share them with the group.

I look forward to our journey together. May God bless you every day and keep you close.


6 comments:

  1. I'm at your service.
    I read a devotion today about one-way communication. We have lots of relationships where we one-way communicate. For example when you're talking to someone that you know isn't listening, they're just waiting for their turn to speak. Seems rude, right? We do that with God too. We're so busy in our prayer time telling God our problems and asking for stuff that we forget to just sit and listen for Him to speak. It's easy to think that because God doesn't speak audibly that He is silent. But really He is there impressing on your mind and thoughts, His will, His directions, His oughtness or oughtNotness. Sometimes it's in His Word as they jump off the page at you. Sometimes it's in comments of a friend or pastor. So as you read and pray don't forget that it's not just one-way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks great Sam! Proud of you!! Can't wait to hear more of your thoughts and questions (I have them too so it's great to have an open forum). Really looking forward to seeing what God has in store for you.Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Reid, I hear what you are saying. I get it. I know for a fact that He has spoken to me on multiple occasions. We actually talked about this in our Sunday School class a bit.

    That little voice that most people call your conscious, I honestly believe that is the Lord speaking to you and guiding you along your way.

    If you listen to that voice, you will make the right decisions. For me, it is more of a feeling than an actual voice. I feel it every time Sunday rolls around and it is tough for me to get out of bed in the morning. But when I do and I get in the car and drive into Stanley, the reward is the wonderful feeling of happiness and comfort that envelopes me. It is something I look forward to every week.

    I know I segwayed a little, and to get back to your comments, I am hoping that by opening up this forum it will help myself as well as others learn to listen and communicate with God more completely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just thought of you today, as I'm working through my lesson for tomorrow(not that the following does not totally apply to me as well -- because it certainly does!!). As I was reading in my Life App. Bible, I went back and reviewed all previous chapters of Sam. 1. Here's what was mentioned in the sub-notes that speaks to your thoughts above: "Listening and responding is vital in a realtionship with God. Although God does not always use the sound of a human voice, He always speaks clearly through His WORD. To receive His messages, we must be ready to listen and to act upon what he tells us." And He does speak ALL THE TIME, if only we choose to hear Him. Amen! Good reading and reminders for me today! :)

      Delete
  4. I am so proud of you, and really looking forward to watching this unfold!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a great idea! Can't wait to see soe of the discussions!

    ReplyDelete